Total Pageviews


Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Strangest Juice Recipe Ever

While I'm a big fan of juicing (it very likely saved my life, but that's a topic for another post), I don't usually write about juicing recipes because, let's face it, it just isn't that complicated. If you follow the basics - make sure to get some chlorophyll,  add fruit as needed to make the vegetables palatable, peel any citrus besides lemons - that's really all you need to know.

That being said, I put together a recipe this morning that even I thought might, well...suck. I'd gotten the raw materials ready last night, while the wife was in town, running errands. This morning, she sat on the kitchen stairs, looking askance at me as I juiced:
  • 1/2 pineapple, cored and skinned
  • 1 organic beet, peeled
  • 3 bell pepper tops, de-stemmed (these were left over from stuffed bell peppers the night before)
  • 6 organic carrots
  • several leaves of organic red lettuce
  • 2 cloves organic garlic
  • 1 medium small organic tomato
  • 2" organic ginger
  • 1 bunch organic parsley
  • 1/2 bunch organic celery
 The wife cheered me on from her seat on the stairs ('You're going to juice ALL THAT?') ('You're putting in GARLIC???') ('Aren't you afraid of chlorophyll overdose?')

At any rate, she didn't try any, so you'll have to take my word for it: It didn't suck.

In fact, it rocked. Within 60 seconds of the first sip, it was like liquid energy pulsed through my veins - it was almost a high.

The moral of the story, I suppose, is that odd combinations can work well. Oh, and that I shouldn't be left unattended in the kitchen.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment